Monday, February 21, 2011

Wilanów - park



The first place is in Warsaw. I went for a walk with my neighbor, and her granddaughters. She asked me to take some photos of the girls. They were great models ;)
I hadn't been in the park s early in the morning earlier, so it looked completely different, than usuall for me. It was late autumn, and all the colors were so beautiful, and bright, I didn't even think about the temperature (which was really low that morning) :)



And here they are!

I hope they won't be mad at me for showing them here. They are so sweet, I just couldn't resist ;P They had fun, and posed like professional models! ;)

This palace belonged to Sobieski's family. It was a "country house" - a big one ;)
Inside, there's a museum with portraits of the previous owners. It has 2 theatre rooms. Big, and small. In the smaller one, there are plays mostly for children, but I've seen a great play about XVIIth century polish nobles.


We've seen a cool squirell! XD



This must be something like an alcove. If I remember well, the XVIIth century people didn't like foreigners, but the east style was fashionable, so I guess this alcove was build that time. Not sure though.


Outside the general park:


There is a mausoleum of Stanisław Kostka Potocki, and his wife Aleksandra Lubomirska.
Sculptures on the walls show virtues of the couple



4 lions (one in every corner) hold blazons:
Potocki's "Pilawa", and his wife's "Drużyna"





There's also a poster's museum. The exibitions are changing frequently. This photo is from the Museum's Night - a day when museums are open all night, the entrances are free, and there are many great exhibitions, and happenings.

And talking about the Museum's night - there was a nice performance outside the palace this year.
It was about Sarmats - the XVIIth century polish nobles. I'd love living in that times! The people were having fun all the time :) Only parties, drinking, fighting, and courts (they just loved arguing about everything!). They were real patriots. But didn't care about politics. By the way, it was the main cause of the Poland's partition, and fall. :(
Well. That's why we can't do this anymore. And nobility is just a title now. Nothing else. I wish it would be changed one day...
Now look at the clothing. It's beautiful! :)






2013

Since 2013 I'm on voluntary service in the Palace.
I love the people here. They are really kind, and always take care if we are ok with the work we do. :)
I'm a photographer of the events. I like them anyways, so taking photos is fun :) I can walk almost wherever I want, and I have lots of bonus stuff.
I'm glad, that I can help the people this way XD


Once a month my photos from 4 spots in the park will be here
wiescizparku.wordpress.com
so everyone could see how the park changes during the whole year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment