Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cracow

When I was younger, I knew the city mostly from the legend about a Dragon living under the Old Town long ago.
The city was the second capital of Poland (after Gniezno, and before Warsaw)

Now I can see also many other great things about Cracow. 
It's a city full of artists, and galleries. 
I have visited my cousin's aunt in her ceramic workshop. It was placed in the basement, like most of the ceramic workshops I've seen. I was working a little to see how all the things (mostly souvenirs) are made. My fingers hurt after some time of knotting the thongs used for ceramic bells, but it wasn't a really hard job :)
Then I've made some stuff of the black clay.

The neighborhood. Who would ever suppose, that in this kind of place the artists will work? :

Maybe... If you look here :)
It's an entrace to a little park in the 
The aunt works like that, and sells her stuff for some galeries, and souvenir shops. 

My family in Cracow (there are many people, I'm related to) is really into art, so I think it's rather typical for the city also.

When I was going for a walk, I could see many cafes/restaurants with interesting arrangement.
Many old items inside, and lots of plants outside. The gardens were usually hidden :) When I was coming into the cafe, then had to walk through it to find the garden :)
It's a good idea. You can sit in a quiet place, not being bothered by the people on the street.

Life in Cracow is also cheaper, thean in the capital, and somehow the city never really sleeps :D
You can go to the Old Town after midnight, and it's not a prolem to find an open cafe. In most of the cities I know, you could easily find a 24h/7 pub, but I can't remember eating a cake, or drinking a tea in a half-full cafe in the middle of the night!


If you like the manga/anime stuff, there is a museum called Manggha.
It's a big one, and you'll need some time to see all the things inside.


And if you watched Shingeki no Kyojin - there's a nice sculpture on the Old Town's center :)




On the Old Town, and almost everywhere there are lots of these guys. They are very friendly if you feed them


Painting on the wall. This is the place of some jewish festivals.
If you want to see it come to Cracow at the end of June (the dates change a little. This year it was 28.06-07.07) , and check it out!


This is what the most of the old part of Cracow looks like. Kinda messy, but the atmosphere of the past times is great! 


Another painting on the wall. Can you see it? :)

Cracow has also its love bridge :)
There are lots of the padlocks. Every single one is special.

If you'll have the possibility, visit the city. I'm sure, you'll fell the charm of it.
See as much art as you can, and see the cafes. I can even recommend you some nice places ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment