Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Netherlands memories

 I found some old photos from Amsterdam and Sittard, if I remember right. It was a student exchange in the highschool. We were living in Sittard, but travelled to the capital too. I remember being there before while sailing on the Netherland's bay. I really enjoyed it, even thought it's a bit strange place :)

 There are lots of old, low buidings. In Poland the Netherlands are most known from the legal weed, but the polish people like the style of the Amsterdam also. It's a bit loud, but rather calm at the same time. Many people use bikes instead of cars, and you must beware for the riders, while walking the streets.
 It surprised me, how safe the people feel here. They can leave their bike on the street, and not a single person would try to steal it.

And here - outside the big city - we went to a park to chill out:

As far as I remember, the Netherlands were perfect for a long time chill out. For a high school kid it felt like everything is permitted here, and they could party all the time.
Even though I'm not a party-type person, it was a nice experience for me. The people were very outgoing, and they loved clubbing, and stuff like that.

In my exchange friend's opinion, the area wasn't too safe. She said, that you could get bullied just because you're walking the wrong side of the street. Really? Luckily I didn't even see anything like that happening. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment