Sunday, March 10, 2013

Japan - Tokio

I was there this year during the Halloween time.
My first thought was "It's smaller, than I thought..."
But it was only the first impression. While travelling around the city I realised it's just huge!
The best thing is that you can see modern buidings, and the nature in one place.
On the photo you can see a park around the Imperial Palace. Even though I've read lots about how modern and traditional Japan is, I was surprised. I could easily smell the scent of the trees, and the fresh grass while watching the big town.

For me Tokio is a city of contrats.
It's even hard to describe in words. The life is so much different there...
The people are very kind, and look happy, but their everyday life is ceirtanly not easy.



The teenagers work hard to be good students. Everyone wants to be the best.
It totally not like our schools, where you care about your grades, so your parents won't be angry. Well, that's what most of people in my country do.
In the metro (really complicated one - it has many tracks, and it's kinda hard to use it without knowing the language) I could see the teenagers using their mobille phones, or sleeping. The people looked very tired.
I think they don't get much sleep.
The youngest children had more energy, and looked happy, but were rather calm. No screaming, no running, no typical children's fun.

Now the adults:
Workaholics.
Doing their best everyday. I really do respect them for that. I can't imagine myself living like that. Well, maybe. I don't have a husband, nor children, but what about the people with families? It must be horrible to wake up early morning, go to job, come back late at night, and go to sleep. Everyday. I heard, that the workers don't even take the vacation break. They can, but don't do it. Just to be more fair to the company they work in. That's what I've heard, so you can believe it or not. I do.



On the shops I could see many kinds of caloric food. It was something common, so the people must buy it kinda often.
I think our salad, or fruit diets won't do there.

Of course, there are many kinds of normal, healthy food in Japan. The sushi restaurants (I haven't seen much of them while sightseeing), and many others serve a little strange, but really tasty food. If you don't know the language, it's not a problem. You can just show to the waiter, what you want on the menu, or at the shop-window!
It looked like plastic food, but was so real, that I'm not sure what was it made of...
Almost every restaurant has this kind of a shop-window.
As you can see, the food looks rather healthy.

The people prefer a healthy life style, even though, they work so much.
During the day (maybe it was some luch break, or something) I could see many people in sports wear running, or doing some exercises. I think they may bee doing it to work better - when the brain gets some fresh air it's more usefull.


I'm happy, that "gaijins" (strangers from other countries) are treated different,, than the local people.
Maybe we don't look too clever for them (we don't know how to behave, or use many things), but they try to help if someone needs it, and don't show how angry they are, when we do something stupid. They just smile. All the time.
They let us take photos, and even pose for them.
They don't really know any english though. It's quite a problem, when you try to communicate.
Why is it so?
I don't think they really need to learn it.
Japan is a strong country itself, and doesn't need cooperation with the other countries as much as most of them.
Of course they need to import some stuff, but it's not necessary for all the students to know languages, because in future most of them will work with and for japanesse people.



 More photos! :)
Calm Japan.
These were made around a shrink. It was Halloween time, so we could see some people dressed in nice costumes.

There were also many shops. I'm not sure what the red things were, but it must be some sweets. I eat so much that day, I didn't want to look at anything more. But everything was really delicious.

More shops. There were some thing typical for the tourists: the obi - belts, sweets, toys, etc. Everything was made really well. It looked beautifull!
 And the shrink itself!
It was a calm place. Not too much people, just some tourists I think. Some of them came to pray here, must most of the people were just enjoying the free evening.

I was a little tired, sightseeing all the, but this place was really worth checking :)



The traditional hotel outside the town:
We stayed there for 2 nights. It was a traditional, japanese hotel with all the mattresses, mats, and low seats!
The room smelled strange. I wasn't a really bad smell. Just strange, but I got used to it quickly.
I could have that kind of room in my house... :)


Here's another hotel. More typical. It was placed on a small area in the town, between other buildings. It was a high one though. I think that's how the Japanese people must build most of their residental blocks. They don't have much space in the town, and the land is rather expensive. The young people mostly can't afford their own flat, so I think it really hard to get one.
 Looking throught the window...
Well, it's kinda interesting. Not really nice, but it's still something exotic to see...
Next - the sport weapons shop. Mostly for kendo, but I could find some more interesting stuff there (training nunchakus, and chanbara stuff)
Little panda-toy walking around the stick. In front of a toy shop.
Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant. I love the plushies! XD





No comments:

Post a Comment