Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kazimierz

I went there for the WTCH's choir 3 days practises.
We didn't have much free time, but I took some nice photos. :)

We were living in a hostel named "Pod Wianuszkami" It was a nice, old building on the Wisła (main polish river). My room was on the attic. I was lucky, cause it was one of the best ones there :)
The Wisła is behind me XP
The staff was really nice to us, and helped if we needed something.

I decided to start running every evening. The place was calm, and after 11 p.m. there were almost no people on the streets. I'm really awful runner, so I started with 1 minut running per 2,5 minutes of walking (five times every round) after 3 days it was 3 minutes running/3 minutes walking (five times in a row).
Still not good, but there's a progress, so after a month, or two I should be much better :)
The hostel stuff didn't care what time will I be back. They said it could be even 1 a.m.. Nice :)



Friday
I wanted to take my guitar with me, but my main luggage was really heavy T.T
When I reached the meeting place (there were 4 people in every car, cause we have only a few drivers in the choir) I realized that the guitar won't fit there anyways. XD
Getting into the car was like playing Tetris. But the blocks didn't disappear... T.T

We got lost on the way, so the first choir practise started without us.
4 women in 1 car - could it end differently?
 XD
It was a nice trip though :)

When we finally reached the place, everybody started clapping their hands, laughing, and singing for us XDDD

After the practise I got into my room. I shared it with a woman who came there much earlier. She chose the room, so we had the best place :)

I went for a walk to the river also. It's so beautiful there!
The same river goes near my house (in the capital), but it's not as nice as here. And I was really surpised, when I saw these:
 It's a little crayfish, or something, right?
They live only in clean water, so maybe the river doesn't get dirty until it reaches the capital :)


In the evening there were some theoretical lessons - the music theory (I knew it from my piano lessons, but a little remind is ok :)), and the town's history.
We were clapping hands to practise the rhythm, etc., then the manager's wife told us some stuff about the town's founder.

And the first day ended :)
I went for a short run on the Wisła's shore.
It was dark, and the mist on the river started rising. Beautifull view *.*
I didn't even think if I was tired of not XD



Saturday

Trip to the Nałęczów city (I'll write about it in another post) - it was great, but after the return, and lunch we were sleepy, and tired. x.x
Another practise, and theory.
I couldn't focus on the sheets. T.T
In the evening there was a wedding party or something in a nearby hotel.
I was running by the hotel with the headphones in my ears, so I didn't even hear the fireworks floating up until they exploded high upon my head. XD
Scary XD

When I reached our hostel some women from the choir told me to go back to the hotel with them to watch the fireworks from a better spot.

When we got there, some man started screaming in the nearby bushes, cause someone hit him.
I wasn't sure if he shouted, that he got hit or not, until I saw him - he was bleeding from the had. Half of the face covered in blood. Uh... Not a nice view. x.x
I took the choir friends away, cause the guy who attacked was standing a few metres away (I'm not sure if the women noticed him at first, but then they didn't want to be involved in this, so didn't protest XP). Two guards came to keep him in place until the police comes, but I was really sure if he won't run away. XD



Sunday
The concert! X3
A little makeup :)


After one more practise we went to the Kazimierz's Old Town (I don't know if I use the right word here XP).
After a looong time we managed to find the parking lot, with the spots reserved for us. We parked on the edge (the town is rather hilly), and it looked a little scary, when we got out of the car. But walking on high heels (which I'm not used to at all) was much worse x.x

At first we were singing in a church during the mass.
We were standing right behind the altar.
Then, when the mass ended we had a short concert there.

Then we went out of the church, and sang a few light songs on the church's stairs XD
I think people liked it.
Kazimierz is a really calm, and artistic city, so every event is rather appreciated :)
The church
In the hostel, after one more practise (learning new repertoire) we had a barbeque :)
Sausages, necks, salads, wine, and the place owner's home made tinctures <3
It was sooo tasty!

We were singing together. We didn't have a guitar, but noone really cared.

I went for a short run, cause my stomach was really full. I met a cute, young (and really thin) cat on the field
He was so friendly, I wanted to take him home with me, but he didn't want to go. I think so.
He stayed with me for about 15 minutes. I was holding him on my hands, and he didn't care at all XD
Then he slowly walked away, and I returned to the hostel. I think the cat will be ok :)



Monday
Time to go home. One last practise after the breakfast, and we had to say goodbye to each other. :(
The car was more full that when we came here XD
Quick trip to a shop.
We bought mostly food, cause Kazimierz is best known from the bread chickens. There's also tasty beer named Kaziemierskie.
 Since the four of us didn't hurry, we went to the Old Town. The rest of the choir didn't go with us - they all had something to do.
We wanted to enjoy our free time a little more, and so we did :)
We left the car on the parking lot, and went for a walk, to search for something nice to buy. Here's how the Kazimierz looks like :)
Many restaurants, and galleries.
Some of the shops sell lavender stuff - that reminded me of Croatia.
A witch!


 A souvenir :) I like this kind of stuff
 The Old Town. Winnie the Pooh eats a girl's head! T.T




Dinner in the hostel.
Luv it!

On the way back home, we went to a second-hand shop (someone said it's great, but noone wanted to go there from the capital - it's rather long way). There was nothing interesting :(

Then we stopped in a restaurant called Gościniec Cegielnia near the Ryki city. We were really hungry.
The prices were really low. I took hamburger, and chicken salad. We had to pay at first. A few minutes later the waitress told me, that there are no hamburgers left, so I had to choose something different. I took something a little more expensive, but they didn't event want me to pay more, than I did :)
Really kind :)
When the gave me what I ordered, I was like "Omg... x.x"
The meal was huuuuge! XD
They gave me a box to pack it - I eat about a half of the food, but it was so tasty, I would feel guilty if they'd have to throw it out. XD




We returned to Warsaw.
Somehow I managed to take all my stuff to the house XD
It was really heavy, but I was so happy, that it didn't really bother me.

It was an awesome trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment